Recessed into the side tables of the Weber Summit E670 are a side burner and a Tuck-Away rotisserie motor. The side burner gives the opportunity for preparing sauces or boiling vegetables on the barbecue, but when it is not needed to be used a flush fitted protective lid means that the side burner surface can be used for food preparation or storage. The side burner is controlled using it’s own independent control knob with it’s own independent ignition. The Tuck-Away rotisserie motor, which locks up or down into position thanks to a spring-loaded clip, neatly contains its own power cable to prevent it hanging loose to get in the way when not used when it is also concealed by a flush mounted lid.
The lid of the Weber Summit E670 feels reassuringly solid with it’s full width chrome handle, making it hassle free to lift, and contains a chunky simple to read centrally mounted lid thermometer so grilling conditions can be watched with out needing to compromise on performance by lifting the lid too often. The chrome handle also acts as the mount for two grill out handle lights which throw some light on the proceedings for nocturnal grilling
Below the stainless steel lid sits the beating heart of the Weber Summit E670, the cast aluminium cook box containing it’s 4026cm² cooking area with it’s comprehensive range of grilling features such as the included rotisserie, rear rotisserie burner, warming rack, stainless steel Gourmet BBQ System cooking grates, Sear Station and Smoker Box Burner that really do put the Weber Summit range in the front line of barbecues.
The Weber Stainless Steel Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate has a 30cm central section can that can be lifted out to allow the use of separately purchasable Weber BBQ Gourmet System Accessories, Griddle, Wok, Sear Grate, Pizza Stone, Dutch Oven and Poultry Roaster, for the opportunity to greatly expand the range of grilling, roasting or baking possibilities even further.
The warming rack is the remedy to situations were food that will need serving at the same time has differing cook times allowing the storage of food in the warmth of the cook box but removed form the direct heat of the grills.
The rotisserie has a dedicated infra red rotisserie burner situated on the inside rear of the lid which is controlled by it’s own control knob on the control panel which adds additional heat, from an extra direction to give more consistent heating to whatever is being cooked on the rotisserie.
Sat just below the Gourmet BBQ System Cooking Grate on the Weber Summit E670 is an ingenious smoker box with it’s own independently controlled burner. This is filled with water saturated wood chips in flavours such apple, cherry, hickory, mesquite, whisky and beech to produce intoxicating aromas of smoke which infuse the cooking food to give even greater depths of flavour.
Sitting beneath the Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate, at the other side to the Smoker Box, is the Sear Station, an extra small burner for additional bursts of heat for searing steaks giving those distinctive restaurant style char lines, for an even greater range of grilling options.
Situated below the Gourmet BBQ System cooking grates are a set of stainless steel Flavorizer bars, which can be easily removed for cleaning and maintenance, which vapourise cooking juices or residues falling through the cooking grates onto them to recycle the smoke up into the cook box for additional smokey flavour for any food being cooked on the grates for that distinctive barbecue taste. The Flavorizer Bars also help reduce flare ups by preventing cooking residues from falling down onto the burners as well as protecting the four stainless steel burners that sit below them.
The stainless steel Gourmet BBQ System cooking grates and stainless Flavorizer bars can be purchased as replacement parts for when they deteriorate and the performance of the grill begins to lose it’s edge.
At the front of the cook box of the Weber Summit E670 sits the well set out control panel with the control knobs for the main burners, smoker box burners and sear station burner along with the ignition button for the Snapjet ignition system. The Snapjet electronic ignition system will fire up all six burners at the same time and the six infinite control burner valve dials allow the gas flow to each of the four burners to be independently regulated for total control over grilling. The six independent burners can be used to modify the heat source in the cook box for indirect grilling so the barbecue can be used successfully for roasting or baking by turning the heat up on the left and right side burners and down on the central burners.
• 6 stainless steel burners
• 63.3 megajoule (60,000 BTU) combined primary burner rating
• Snap-Jet™ individual burner ignition
• Black porcelain enamel hood
• Stainless steel hood handle
• 9 mm diameter stainless steel cooking grills
• Reversible heavy duty porcelain coated cast iron hotplate
• Heavy-duty stainless steel Flavorizer™ bars
• 12.7 megajoule (12,000 BTU) commercial grade side burner
• 7.2 megajoule (6,800 BTU) dedicated stainless steel smoker burner
• 11.2 megajoule (10,600 BTU) dedicated Sear Station™
• Light up control knobs
• Stainless steel smoker box with dedicated smoker burner
• 11.2 megajoule (10,600 BTU) rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
• Spit fork rotisserie with heavy duty motor
• Tuck-Away™ rotisserie motor bracket
• 2 Grill-Out™ handle lights
• Fixed commercial grade thermometer
• Double walled black doors
• Enclosed storage area
• 6 tool holders
• 4 caster wheels (2 locking)
• Precision fuel gauge (LP model)
• 2 metre quick disconnect hose (NG model)
• Detailed operating instructions
• Weber Summit cookbook
• Weber limited 10 year warranty
• Black (LP K7371024 / NG K7471024)
• Height (with lid closed): 127 cm
• Height (with lid open): 145 cm
• Width: 188 cm
• Depth (with lid closed): 70 cm
• Depth (with lid open): 76 cm
• Primary cooking area: 4410 cm2 (90 cm x 49 cm)
• Warming rack area: 945 cm2 (90 cm x 10.5 cm)
• Total cooking area: 5355 cm2